Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My First Bags

I had never sewn bags before, but I've wanted to for a while. 
As a mom and errand-runner, diaper-hauler, mail picker-upper, and library book-carrier, I expect a lot of the bag I'm using. Many times it is required to haul all of those items at the same time! So they wear out... 
Well, now I can make a new bag when I need it, in my choice of colors and with my own inside pocket configuration. 
I can't tell you exactly how I made the bags because I didn't use a pattern. I started with some ideas in my head, and learned as I went. The basic shape is a rectangle a little wider than it is high.
I had some help with the zippered pocket tutorial from here
In fact, these turned out too small to be my perfect right-hand bag, so they were Christmas gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Love the stitching sooo much.
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for including me (a farmgirl's dabbles) on your links. And...to say that I have meant to sew a bag such as this for YEARS! Yours turned out very nice, an inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete