Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Embroidery from Grandma

I have a Grandma who loves handwork and quilting. When she was younger, she spent years making large, beautiful, heirloom quilts for each of her 23 grandchildren. Now she still enjoys her hobby on a smaller scale. I traced this design onto some fabric and gave it to her.
Now I need to finish it and I'm not sure what to do... add simple borders in dark fabric and make it a wall hanging? It's not really big enough to be the center of a quilt. Any ideas? (BTW, her color choices, not mine:)

And an item that I didn't feel deserved its own blog post... White Brite for laundry.
Every time I use it I'm amazed at its whitening power. I didn't even know my washer was dirty!
But please remember: Do Not Use it on Anything Colored. It Will Ruin Your Colored Clothes. Even Clothes with Just a Little Bit of Color.
That's the only reason I don't use it all the time; because I need to have a load of white and only white clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment